Business and Estate Planning
As a member of the Drake Advisory Group, AQ is backed by tax and estate attorneys with 150 years of combined experience.
Business Planning Services
Identify/Evaluate Contingent Liabilities
- Underfunded Business Agreements
- Uninsured Obligations
- Loss of Key People
Long-Range Business Planning
- Business Restructuring
- Capital Debt Management
- Strategies to Attract/Retain Key Employees
- Planning for Mergers/Acquisitions
- Structure Company for Sale
Do you have a succession plan for business ownership?
- Is the plan in writing?
- Is the plan funded?
- Is your business value acceptable to the IRS?
- Does it provide for retiring owners, spouses, or heirs?
- Can the business survive without certain key people?
- Who is capable of running the business?
- Does it deal with the effects of estate tax liability on owners at their death?
Should the business be sold to:
- Key people?
- Business competitor?
- An outside party?
Is the business positioned properly?
- To maximize the sale
- To sell to an outside party
- For liquidation
Estate Planning Services
Custom & Comprehensive Estate Evaluation
Control & Distribution Studies
Estate & Income Tax Analysis
Strategies for Tax Payment
Strategies to Preserve Estate Assets
Charitable & Gift Planning
Estate Planning Questions to Consider:
- Who will inherit your estate?
- Do you have a current written plan?
- How will your estate be managed if you are incapacitated or deceased?
- Is a substantial portion of your estate comprised of non-liquid assets?
- Will there be sufficient income available for the surviving spouse?
- Do you know how much income tax or estate tax is due at your death? At death of your spouse?
- Do you have a plan to pay those taxes?
- Does your estate plan include specific gifts to charities?